New user

Start a Ride here...
lumbee1587

New user

Postby lumbee1587 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Looking to find some new people to ride with. I live in Castaic and plan on riding the Palmdale to Vegas ride in Nov. Would like to start riding to practice for this.

Jeff

meate8or

Re: New user

Postby meate8or » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:08 pm

A friend and I are riding Tuesday morning. We are both new to riding in the area and would prefer to have someone with a little knowledge of the better places to ride. Members on other forums are giving conflicting statements as to what is and is not open to ride as a result of the government shutdown.

Let me know if you are interested.

Marlon
Rvator97

Postby Rvator97 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 am

Marlon: I would be up for a ride tomorrow morning... I have ridden the local mountains a few times recently...(usually get lost and have an adventure finding my way out!) Would be great to meet and ride with others.
I highlighted a couple of routes on the attached map that I have ridden recently. Two start up Bouquet Cyn Rd and the other is up Lake Hughes Rd,( though last time I was up Lake Hughes Rd the Ruby Cyn Rd was still closed due to the fire last summer). I will check it out today and see if it is open yet..it is a great ride that ends up in Lake Hughes near the Rock Inn.

I would be open to these routes or anyone else's (that know the area better) ideas ...

FYI: I am a 59 yr old ex-motocross rider...I ride a BMW F-650 off road and a Victory Touring bike on the pavement.

Regards,

Walt
Attachments
Riding routes.jpg
Walt Hastings
2016 Zero FX DualSport
1972 Husqvarna 450 CR
Rvator97

Postby Rvator97 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Just got back from a ride up Lake Hughes Rd...Ruby Cyn, (6N24 is still closed) as well as 7N08,(Sawmill Mtn )... :down: The areas east of there, like the red highlighted ones are open :up:

Walt
Walt Hastings
2016 Zero FX DualSport
1972 Husqvarna 450 CR
meate8or

Postby meate8or » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:36 am

Walt,

Being new to the site and with the limited activity on it, this is the first time I have looked at it since my earlier post. Sorry I didn't respond in time but I thought any replies would have gone to my email and they didn't. Anyway, my buddy and I did ride Tuesday the 15th, but we ended up going to to Gorman because of the closures I was told about around Castaic.

I too am an ex-motocross rider and at nearly 40 yrs old definitely can't afford to do anything stupid and get hurt. Another gentleman from KLR650.net who I believe is about your age and living in Castaic also wants to get together for a ride.

I may be able to ride wednesday, Oct 23. I will then be going out of town on Thursday for several weeks so we could also put a ride together when I return in the middle of November. My schedule is very flexible so I can ride just about anytime.

Let me know

Marlon
Rvator97

Postby Rvator97 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm

No problem Marlon....figured that is what happened. Yes it looks like most of the riding areas near Castaic are still closed. However there are lots of areas open that are accessed from Bouquet Cyn Rd, or San francisquito Cyn Rd. I rode 6N18 off of Bouquet , (Del Sur Ridge) again yesterday. It is a fun, easy, very scenic ride. It looks like you can access the Drinkwater area from this rd as well, (though I haven't explored it yet...maybe tomorrow).
Anyway, I am recently retired so I am available most anytime, unless I'm out on a trip on the Victory :D

This coming Wed sounds good if you want to ride, let me know.

email: walt.hastings9@gmail.com
cell: 661-244-7178
(I live in Stevenson Ranch, near the 5 @ Lyons Ave)
Walt Hastings
2016 Zero FX DualSport
1972 Husqvarna 450 CR
Rvator97

Postby Rvator97 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 pm

Went for a ride today and discovered some damage to my radiator and it is leaking..... coolant temp light came on too. Looks like I have to replace the radiator.... so no riding for a while! :down:

Walt
Walt Hastings
2016 Zero FX DualSport
1972 Husqvarna 450 CR