New Guy

Start a Ride here...
Gunslinger

New Guy

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:13 am

Hi all.

Glad I found this forum. Looks good. Anyway I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tony and I live in Valencia. I just purchased an '07 DRZ-400S about 2 weeks ago and am looking to ride. I've been riding bikes for a long time, this DRZ is my 14th bike over the years but they've mostly been sportbikes and now Harleys as you can tell from my signature (I'm a gearhead to be sure.) I'm kind of a bike freak but havent had a bike for the dirt since 1997 when I bought a new '97 DR350. Unfortunately I never knew anyone to ride with so it never got dirty, I just rode it around town, so I sold it and have wanted another dual sport ever since.....so here I am again on a dual port. Not much done to it yet....took some stuff off (rubber pegs, reflectors, shaved the seat down a bit.....) and just had Dunlop D606's installed for the dirt and am waiting for my 4 gal IMS tank to arrive.

Sorry for the long post, just glad to be here and looking forward to hanging out, as well as finding people to ride with.... if you don't mind waiting for the slow new guy to get his dirt legs....

Here's a pic of my bike (if it works)...... :D
TONY

2007 DRZ-400S
2003 Harley Road King Classic
2001 Harley Dyna Wide Glide
2003 Harley Sprotster 883C
2007 Dodge Charger SRT-8
mark_hochman
Site Owner

Postby mark_hochman » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:29 pm

Welcome to the site Tony :banana:. Keep watching as we seem to be riding a lot lately. This is a great group to ride with and they will be happy to have you along. There is a lot of good riding in this area, I'm finding out about new trails all the time. Well again welcome and hope to see you on the trail soon :up: .
-Mark
paulskirocks

Postby paulskirocks » Sun May 06, 2007 7:59 am

congrats on the new DR... i had a couple of 95 DR's, which were fun... i got out of dirtbiking for the last couple years and couldn't stand it... so i got a new KTM, and am stoked!

i am up in frazier park, and would be happy so come off the hill...

paulski