Last Minute Santa Clarita Dual Sport Ride 7/8/07

Start a Ride here...
Aaron8

Last Minute Santa Clarita Dual Sport Ride 7/8/07

Postby Aaron8 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:35 pm

A rider buddy and I will stage at Starbucks - Seco Canyon and Copper Hill -at 7:30am to beat the heat. Will end up around noon back at Starbucks then I gotta go home. Will be hot and dry so bring water. Will be a FUN ride with lots of dirt. 60 miles or so total ? :excuseme: ? SCV area, Rowher, Drinkwater. Any ability welcome, knobbies recommended. See you there :up:
VTRMIKE

Postby VTRMIKE » Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:51 pm

I'll see you at 7:30!

Mike
Aaron8

Postby Aaron8 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:30 pm

OK, VTRMike and I had a real good ride today. :) Put in ~80 miles. Heat wasn't too bad :excuseme: Rode Plum Canyon, Sand canyon, canyon between Sand and Sierra Hiway, Up Fall at Rowher, down Big Hill at DW, and Charlie Canyon a little bit. Nice quick pace. Had a well deserved iced coffee after. :mrgreen: Bike all good after stator cover replacement. Mike was riding like he was on fire all day. Mike thanks again for making that loooong ride out from Simi. :-o

HUSKYJACK was at Starbucks willing and able to ride at 7:30 but we could not get his bike to start :banghead: Sorry HJ, we both missed you out there! Please come again. Also spoke with TT'r KevinC at Bouquet Trail Staging, getting a late start, all alone. Kevin's good people. See you all next time.
VTRMIKE

Postby VTRMIKE » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:35 pm

Today was another good ride, thanks again Roger! I'm really sorry that your bike gave you trouble Jack, I was looking forward to riding with you again. Roger was riding a damn quick pace himself. I am still amazed that he has only been riding for a year or so. Once he gets more confidence in the corners, he's going to be hard to keep up with. I have to say, even though it is old technology, I love my XR400!

Is it next Sunday yet? I'm ready for more.
Aaron8

Postby Aaron8 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:43 pm

I am still amazed that he has only been riding for a year or so.
Umm. I must have lied. I've been riding since '04. :oops: Still can't corner for s***.