Newbe - Just wanted to say HI

Start a Ride here...
Dougw

Newbe - Just wanted to say HI

Postby Dougw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi

I find my self new to this DS thing. I just got a new 2010 Husky TE250. I have been able to take it for a few rides now and thought I'd check out your site. Unfortunately I won't be able to take as long of rides as most of you do since the bike is looking like it only has maybe a 50 mile range. Last weekend I took a ride over Rowher as well as a few other places north.

Any ways, I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in CC just north of Sand Canyon / soledad and If any one has some short rides coming up that I could join in on to get used to this DS thing I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Doug
jonnyNITRO

Re: Newbe - Just wanted to say HI

Postby jonnyNITRO » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Hey Doug,
I think we met at Rowher a few weeks back. I was there with my dad and my son. It's a family thing.
I'll ride local with you. I do long rides, short rides, easy, difficult terrain, what-ever. I just enjoy riding.

Welcome to the site.
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.
Http://www.jonnynitro.com
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Hey Doug, Looks like some good days of riding this weekend. Stay in touch for a ride in your area.
Dougw

Postby Dougw » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks, I'm looking forward to heading out. I've been thumbing through all the posted photos and it looks like a great time. Looks like most of your trips though have some distance involved in them. Seems like my new bike will only make 50 miles / tank so unfortunately I'm kind of tied to gas station trips.

Doug.
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:32 pm

That's OK.
We do short rides too. OR at least where you can stage your truck and have gas on reserve.

I'm looking into carrying some of those MSR fuel bottles with me for the longer rides. They don't make a larger tank for the WRR yet anyway. I'll post a link:
:D

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3664373