Ride this weekend? 5/12-13

Start a Ride here...
Aaron8

Re: Ride this weekend? 5/12-13

Postby Aaron8 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:31 pm

Stazi-

Sounds like fun but my bike's down right now. Should be back up next W/E for a mild shake-down, maybe then?

Oh, and you should give your ride this Sunday it's own thread..and give this dusty old site a kick-start. Haha get it?

Speaking of dusty and old, I think that, once again, I may have to call out CDSR owner Hochman to get him back on the old DRZee. J/K Mark

Hey I rode with HuskyJack :-o a couple of weeks ago at Rowher!! Saw MotoChris :-o there too!

-Roger
stazi64

Postby stazi64 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

Lead, follow or solo...Tomorrow I'll be at Mike's Diner having B-Fast and leave around 8am for my little putt...

Next weekend...

I have a couple Va-K days to connect to the 4th. Think I'll do pretty much the same ride start as tomorrow but at Lake Elizabeth, I'll continue on over the hill to Mojave. I'll stage at Motel 6 and then ride around Cal-City and what-not. Anyone know of any routes from Mojave up to Lake Isabella??? That'd be a way cool ride if there's some fireroads up to the Lake...
72 chevy 18' Chinnook
03 Dakota 4.7l
2003 Fatboy
05 Suzuki DRZ400s
stazi64

Postby stazi64 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:35 am

Ride was pretty uneventful...found a ladies Ca ID and a $20 spot at the big clearing on Ruby Clearwater, figured it was from 4 wheelers the night before. Rode up the 7n01 about a mile and there was the lady on her Mt-Bike...returned her cash & ID. Poor lady looked pale-as-a-ghost when I pulled over to stop her...Crazy woman going solo 4miles out in the middle of no-where ???

1st time on So Portal...nothing new...just crazy 2'deep ruts on the other side of blind corners !!! But that's the norm for all the fire-roads around here. Hit Rock Inn for some 7up. Killed about an hour...

I decided to go back the way I came but took a right at the clearing where I found the ID...1st time I'd been all the way through 6n24...nice ride with a couple creek crossings and you pop-out on Lk Hughs Rd...Took a left and cruised towards Castaic til I took a right at a dirt-road that went toward the lake (Castaic). I got back to where it dead-ends in a clearing...but I went down a old jeep track that turned into a single track for a few hundred feet which turned into a foot-path ...I parked the bike...took off my gear and walked down the path til I came to a spot where I saw I could turn the bike around...hiked back but when I got to the bike I was hot and huff-n-puffing so I just rode back out and went back to Mike's diner for a burger. After I ate, I took Charlies Cyn back to San Fran and Home...86mi...around 15mi pavement. At home feet up by 2:15...felt pretty good yesterday (Mon) not to sore...
72 chevy 18' Chinnook
03 Dakota 4.7l
2003 Fatboy
05 Suzuki DRZ400s
MichaelXR

Postby MichaelXR » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:53 pm

I gotta stop missing rides! I'll be back to roosting on my XR next week 17th onwards. Hope to join up on a ride.
'02 CA Plated XR650R