High Mountain (Cal Poly) Dualsport ride!

Start a Ride here...
DustyRock

Postby DustyRock » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:07 pm

I just found out today that more than 50% of the ride is on the road. Duane was it like that last year? I was really dissapointed to hear that so much of it is asphalt. When I went to their website they never mentioned how much was dirt. If you could clarify this for me it would be appreciated.
Dusty
1980 Mini Trail 70, DualSport - 3 Speed Auto - Street Legal - Hang On !
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 pm

DustyRock wrote:I just found out today that more than 50% of the ride is on the road. Duane was it like that last year? I was really dissapointed to hear that so much of it is asphalt. When I went to their website they never mentioned how much was dirt. If you could clarify this for me it would be appreciated.
I dont remember it being that much street. I road this on my 450X for the last two years and wasn't disapointed. The only tarmac is transitioning from ranch to ranch. Last year was 5 ranches and Pozo. I looked for the track but I don't think I saved that one. You can't ride it the rest of the year anyway. They change it up every year but I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
"05" CRF 450X "00" XR650R
AXO Dude

Postby AXO Dude » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Duane I'm the one who found out the ride will be more than 50% pavement. I sent an e-mail to peter about does the bike need to be licensed as well. Due to I have alot of budies that want to ride the MX bikes. He respond with yes the ride will be more than 50% on tarmac as you said. So I cancelled my check. I wont ride a 125 mile ride and half of it is on pavement I can do that here in L.A.
Due you know something different than me.
Peter wouldnt respond to my e-mails after he sent the first. They were fairly stern on my questioning so I'm cancelled since he went into hiding.
Ride Hard Ride Long
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:56 pm

AXO Dude wrote:They were fairly stern on my questioning so I'm cancelled since he went into hiding.
Sounds to me like you didn't make any new friends on this one. If you look back through the pics, you can see the range of bike types on this ride. Yes, you must be plated but then this is a dualsport site. See ya on the trail. :ride:
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
AXO Dude

Postby AXO Dude » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:17 pm

totally agreed Duane and I may have not made friends. But if you look at there site it is sparse and dosnt show any photos speak of. I just think it would be who of them to say half the ride is on pavement. Riding the sierra safari is not half of the 300 miles on pavement. The big bear guys dont ride half on the pavement either. I take offence to your statement. We all know why we made the efforts to get a bike licensed and it wasnt to spend half the time on the pavement. It was to cross the highway from time to time. I hope we can still ride with smiles on this. By the way he just sent me a response.
Ride Hard Ride Long
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 am

Hey, Sorry if you took offence. Im here to ride and have a good time. All rides are not for everyone and I just try to share the ones that I like. No agenda here. There's lots of other rides. This is just one. :excuseme:
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
Fubar

Postby Fubar » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:23 pm

I mailed in my entry last week. I'm going, regardless. If it's not as good as I expect, I'll just pass on it next year.
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:33 pm

Sweet! Made my camping reservations, put a new top end on the KLX 300 and just received my Penguins confirmation for the ride. Should be a blast! :up:
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
Fubar

Postby Fubar » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:32 pm

So which campground did you get? Saw the thread on District 37 about the ride. Motel 6 should be booked up right about now?
riderx

Postby riderx » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:52 pm

I have always wanted to do this ride,is there still room!!!! :ride: Mike
Rider X Mike
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:45 pm

Fubar wrote:So which campground did you get? Saw the thread on District 37 about the ride. Motel 6 should be booked up right about now?
I have reservations at Morro Strand rv park. Should be a good time and I can ride to the start. :up:
riderx wrote:I have always wanted to do this ride,is there still room!!!! :ride: Mike
Go for it. :banana: I always hook up with a few guys for the ride. Your more than welcome to join us. If needed we will just split into a couple of smaller groups. :ride:
I'm sure there is room. You could call the number at the top of this thread to be sure but they usually take walk-ups. With a line of coarse. :D
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
Fubar

Postby Fubar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:05 am

My bike recently developed a crack in the frame around the swingarm pivot, and the drivechain is toast. I'll start working on it today, but making this ride is (now) going to be tough. Going to be out of town on work related business from Tuesday to Friday night.
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:36 am

Fubar wrote:My bike recently developed a crack in the frame around the swingarm pivot, and the drivechain is toast.....
Ahh...sorry to hear that. Hope you can make it but this stuff happens. :banghead:
I've got my helmet cam dialed in for this one so all I need to do is try to stay upright and I should get some good video. :ride: ...:eek:
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
Fubar

Postby Fubar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:21 pm

riderx wrote:I have always wanted to do this ride,is there still room!!!! :ride: Mike

If you really want to go, I can ask the organizers if I can transfer my entry. It's $75. It would be cool for both of us since there's no refunds.
falcon

Postby falcon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:07 pm

We were on my V STROM riding to KERNVILLE then up 155 to WOODY and spend night at BAKERSFIELD then SUNDAY looking for scenic route back so took 58 to the coast but found POZO RD on the map,Didn't know that be comes a great fire road to SANTA MARGARITA. I enjoy riding it two up on a big bike :eek: with no mishaps :up: came across some riders from your ride at that outdoor concert.
SHAHIN (FALCON)
WE DIDN,T STOP RIDING CAUSE WE GOT OLD, WE GOT OLD CAUSE WE STOP RIDING.
01 DRZ400S
2014 DL1000 V STROM ABS