The next big ride- Big Bear to Hawthorne

Start a Ride here...
Calvin

Postby Calvin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:17 am

SMTS rt7 starts outside of Big Bear with a ride down rattlesnake canyon. Sand, always a favorite with bikers, and the route down rattlesnake canyon contains every type of sand you could possible imagine. Powdery sand, gritty sand, gravely sand, wet heavy sand, sand whoops, sand with rocks, and gravely sand whoops. If you feel like you want to practice some sand riding looks like rattlesnake canyon is the place. Pics are here.

Having finally gotten into rattlesnake canyon our main goal was to get out of it. With the storm settling in on Big Bear there was some concern of the spring storm flashing the mountain snow pack and sending a huge rush of water down the canyon. With it now being late afternoon and the snow fall we had just ridden through the chance of that happening was increasingly unlikely. Never-the-less we were anxious to get out of the canyon.

We reached the desert floor just before sundown and rode about 25 miles into the route to camp at the edge of a dry lake about 45 miles outside of Barstow.
-Calvin
AXO Dude

Postby AXO Dude » Sun May 03, 2009 8:09 am

i'm so confused (I find myslef this way most days) Did this ride get completed and where are all the cool photo's? Please share for us land locked brethen.
Also where was the buried memroial to the Hodaka photo taken and how do ya get there.?
Ride Hard Ride Long
rockchucker22

Postby rockchucker22 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm

AXO Dude wrote:i'm so confused (I find myslef this way most days) Did this ride get completed and where are all the cool photo's? Please share for us land locked brethen.
Also where was the buried memroial to the Hodaka photo taken and how do ya get there.?
I too am confused....... :excuseme:
now I'm somewhere I'm not supose to be.......I can see things I shouldn't see