Piutes/Sequoia Moto-Camp Overnighter

Start a Ride here...
The Regulator

Re: Piutes/Sequoia Moto-Camp Overnighter

Postby The Regulator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:25 pm

ericbee wrote: OK, now for the bad news - this morning my GPS took a dump... after only 3 months. I'm trying hard to figure out what I'm going to do on that... :cry:

So were you able to figure out what to do about your GPS? :(
"03" XR400R
"05" CRF 450X "00" XR650R

Postby ericbee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back - I had to work overtime last week and was beat... needed today to recuperate!

Nice pics Dusty!

Well, I ended up biting the bullet and getting the Zumo 660. I found that, power cord issues aside, It is very similar to my old 2720 and a lot more user friendly for me... tracks and mp3's are loaded. :banana:

I called Kernville USFS yesterday for info and left my number, haven't heard yet... but if you've been watching the news, it ain't looking good. :banghead:

I really like the idea of Mammoth area, and the 20th will work for me. :) I can leave Thursday and stick around Monday too. As far as camping, I remember a nice staging area just north of town and another just north of Mammoth turn-off along the 395 (Deadman's Pass).

Nitro - are you in?

I was able to cobble together all the tracks I have for Mammoth area - including a really cool 120 mile loop that goes up to Bodie on the west side of Mono and comes back along the east side (red route). And a clockwise loop route north of town (blue route). See attached - you can load them in Google Earth to get a better look. :up:
CDSR - Mammoth Area - All Loops.kmz
.kmz tracks for: CDSR - Mammoth - All Loop Routes - 08/10
(76.26 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Postby jonnyNITRO » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 am

It doesn't look good for me that weekend. My classes begin the following Monday and I have a ton of prep work to do before classes begin.
Even if I could get some of my duties shifted to earlier days, I would have to go up Friday morning and bail on Sun evening.

For me, the ride would begin Friday morning after breakfast on the way up and end Sun afternoon so I can pack it up and head home. But again, that's if I can find some way to push my class prep around.

I'll let you know what happens and watch the thread for updates to your plans.
note: need to change the name of the threat now to Mammoth Ride.
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.

Postby ericbee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:02 am

Well, trying to schedule this trip was pretty interesting :-

Because of fire in the Kernville area we pushed out the Piutes/Seqouia in favor of Mammoth. Then I ran in to bike trouble that layed my bike up for a few weeks. Anyway, the Mammoth trip was pulled off by Regulator, Fubars and Dusty. Maybe they'll post a trip report and a few pics. :excuseme:

Finally, I got my bike back together and a few of us pulled off a trip in to the Piutes (half of the original Piutes/Seqouia trip that we planned) and then continued up in to the Kennedy/Troy Meadows area - AMAZING! :up:

Both Nitro and I have started to post some pics and a trip report here:

Hopefully we'll get the originally planned Seqouia trip together another time... I guess thats' why they call it "Adventure" riding!! :ride: