Piutes/Sequoia Moto-Camp Overnighter

Start a Ride here...
The Regulator

Re: Piutes/Sequoia Moto-Camp Overnighter

Postby The Regulator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:25 pm

ericbee wrote: OK, now for the bad news - this morning my GPS took a dump... after only 3 months. I'm trying hard to figure out what I'm going to do on that... :cry:

So were you able to figure out what to do about your GPS? :(
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
"05" CRF 450X "00" XR650R
ericbee

Postby ericbee » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:09 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back - I had to work overtime last week and was beat... needed today to recuperate!

Nice pics Dusty!

Well, I ended up biting the bullet and getting the Zumo 660. I found that, power cord issues aside, It is very similar to my old 2720 and a lot more user friendly for me... tracks and mp3's are loaded. :banana:

I called Kernville USFS yesterday for info and left my number, haven't heard yet... but if you've been watching the news, it ain't looking good. :banghead:

I really like the idea of Mammoth area, and the 20th will work for me. :) I can leave Thursday and stick around Monday too. As far as camping, I remember a nice staging area just north of town and another just north of Mammoth turn-off along the 395 (Deadman's Pass).

Nitro - are you in?

I was able to cobble together all the tracks I have for Mammoth area - including a really cool 120 mile loop that goes up to Bodie on the west side of Mono and comes back along the east side (red route). And a clockwise loop route north of town (blue route). See attached - you can load them in Google Earth to get a better look. :up:
Attachments
CDSR - Mammoth Area - All Loops.kmz
.kmz tracks for: CDSR - Mammoth - All Loop Routes - 08/10
(76.26 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:02 am

It doesn't look good for me that weekend. My classes begin the following Monday and I have a ton of prep work to do before classes begin.
:(
Even if I could get some of my duties shifted to earlier days, I would have to go up Friday morning and bail on Sun evening.
:excuseme:

For me, the ride would begin Friday morning after breakfast on the way up and end Sun afternoon so I can pack it up and head home. But again, that's if I can find some way to push my class prep around.

I'll let you know what happens and watch the thread for updates to your plans.
note: need to change the name of the threat now to Mammoth Ride.
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.
Http://www.jonnynitro.com
ericbee

Postby ericbee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:02 am

Well, trying to schedule this trip was pretty interesting :-

Because of fire in the Kernville area we pushed out the Piutes/Seqouia in favor of Mammoth. Then I ran in to bike trouble that layed my bike up for a few weeks. Anyway, the Mammoth trip was pulled off by Regulator, Fubars and Dusty. Maybe they'll post a trip report and a few pics. :excuseme:

Finally, I got my bike back together and a few of us pulled off a trip in to the Piutes (half of the original Piutes/Seqouia trip that we planned) and then continued up in to the Kennedy/Troy Meadows area - AMAZING! :up:

Both Nitro and I have started to post some pics and a trip report here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=866

Hopefully we'll get the originally planned Seqouia trip together another time... I guess thats' why they call it "Adventure" riding!! :ride: