LA Barstow to Vegas..Video!

The Regulator

LA Barstow to Vegas..Video!

Postby The Regulator » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm

Was an adventure to say the least. First off….I must have really impressed the wife by doing the dishes or something without being asked because she agreed to drive my truck and trailer with a car all the way to las Vegas and drop it in the parking lot for us. What a Woman!
I’ll just try to make this short and sweet….Day one started pretty smooth but I have never seen so much dust on one trail. I guess I was spoiled from the rain just before last years ride. We decided to take a little detour to the Whitehouse Saloon for lunch in Ransburg.. Great Idea! My buddy “Brother Rob” offered to be our support crew. Yah Buddy! Saw lots of sand but after about 10 miles or so you either sink or swim. We started to really get in the rhythm and had a blast.
One of the guys in our group (Bill) thought he would see if he could split a huge boulder in half with his engine case and guess what…the bolder won. We didn’t notice the small holes until a few miles down the road. I knew there was a reason I packed that quick steel. After about 25 min we were back on the trail
Late in the day John started having carb issues. The bike would run for about a mile and die. We tried to clean it out the best we could but cost us a lot of time. (One thing you cant afford on this ride) So we began our night ride. I was actually having the time of my life. By the time we could see Barstow in the distance, the bike would only run about ¼ mi at a time. (did I mention he had gotten a front flat about 20 mi back?)
After dinner we spent the next couple of hours doing bike repairs.
The next morning we had two others join us so we split the group into two smaller groups. The morning was awesome and scooted along at a pretty good click. Just about the time we got out into BFE the carb started acting up again. Gotta say… He did pretty good kicking that thing. We made in to the nearest hwy I-40 about 20 miles away and got ahold of our support crew following the other group about 80mi away. All in all I really enjoyed the adventure. That’s what It’s all about for me. A positive attitude go’s a long way! We took the truck into Vegas as it was late and the other half of our group did Sandy Valley and Red Rock Canyon Nv.
I will be back next year but will be sure to start earlier! :up:

“D”

Check out the Video… http://vimeo.com/8010285
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
"05" CRF 450X "00" XR650R
DustyRock

Re: LA Barstow to Vegas..Video!

Postby DustyRock » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:20 pm

Duane: Very nice ! Videos are great. Glad you guys had a fun safe trip. Thanks for sharing.
Dusty
1980 Mini Trail 70, DualSport - 3 Speed Auto - Street Legal - Hang On !
The Regulator

Postby The Regulator » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

DustyRock wrote:Duane: Very nice ! Videos are great. Glad you guys had a fun safe trip. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Victor... and to boot, some of our group made the cover of the D37 LA B to Vegas news letter. Sweet! :up:

http://www.district37ama.org/dualsport/ ... letter.pdf

Be Patient...Take a couple of min to download. :D
"Duane"
"03" XR400R
"05" CRF 450X "00" XR650R
DustyRock

Postby DustyRock » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Duane: Very cool. John is very photogenic, you have my permission to tell him so. :lol: He should get a kick out of that. The photo of the rider going under the concrete railroad tressel bridge, I remember going under that one back in 83 when B-V was a race. Oh the memories........ Some very nice photos of this years ride. BTW it was good riding with you Sunday, lets head out again soon. I have a number of days off before 2010. :)
Dusty
1980 Mini Trail 70, DualSport - 3 Speed Auto - Street Legal - Hang On !