Gorman MX Track..

stazi64

Gorman MX Track..

Postby stazi64 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Well the MX track was an eye-opener for me...I'M not sure, but it seemed to me that those jumps must be enginered for a certain weight at a certain speed. First couple times around I knew I was hitting them too slow...then when I hit them faster I just went HIGHER not any further and just landed that much HARDER!!! I wasn't having any fun at all so I putted over by the bleachers and watched the 6-7 riders go around thinking I could learn something. I went back out and did 2 more bone-jarring laps, then threw in the towel. I took Pronghorn, Powerline, then Roadrunner out to the exit. Went over to Carl's, drank a gallon of Powerade, gassed-up then took pronghorn back to the track. By now (1:30) all but 1 guy was left...So thought I'd give it one my try since I had the place to myself...pretty much the same results. 2 laps and I had arm-pump and was breathing like I just ran a 100yd dash...Sat at the bleachers for a minute then took Pronghorn (south) which turned into some other trail (???) until I hit Gorman Rd and exited the park. Putted down the I-5 to the Truck Inspection exit and took Templeton Hwy(explored the end, it just goes up to a clearing) Took Old Rd and took a right on the Powerline Rd that leads down into Castaic. Ate at Mike's again, then took Charlie Cyn, Francisquito Motorway 12miles back home (5:45pm)

NO MX RACING FOR ME!!! IT'S APPARENT I'M OVER THE HILL...(Knees are killing me!!!)
72 chevy 18' Chinnook
03 Dakota 4.7l
2003 Fatboy
05 Suzuki DRZ400s
DustyRock

Re: Gorman MX Track..

Postby DustyRock » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 pm

Props for giving it a try more than once. Cool you tried, sat out, thought about what to do, hit it again then one last time. A couple of things I know.
1.) I never liked running track in school, going round and round and round (boring). Running through the fields was way better.
2.) I could never justify riding MX even when I was young.
3.) For every sport there is the right tool for the job.
Dusty
1980 Mini Trail 70, DualSport - 3 Speed Auto - Street Legal - Hang On !
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Nice pointers Vic.
I'd like to add just one thing.
It's humiliating to get pasted by a kid on an 80cc bike. :down:
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.
Http://www.jonnynitro.com
stazi64

Postby stazi64 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I must admit...don't really think the DRZ-400 was meant for an MX Track. It's painfully obvious my fat 270lb A$$ + a 370 motorcycle were not meant to fly more than 4-5 feet off the ground!!! Although there was a guy out there that was in his late 30's - early 40's who was ripping it up! He was riding a 450f...looked pretty tricked out... Of course he was in good shape compared to me. But it's proof the old guys can still get it done !!!

Oh yeah...That kid's bike looked like an 80 but I swear he had that thing blown up to at least 100cc !!!
72 chevy 18' Chinnook
03 Dakota 4.7l
2003 Fatboy
05 Suzuki DRZ400s
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am

Although there was a guy out there that was in his late 30's - early 40's who was ripping it up! He was riding a 450f...looked pretty tricked out... Of course he was in good shape compared to me. But it's proof the old guys can still get it done !!!

Ahhhhh!!!! :banghead:
I'm an old guy!
:banghead:
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.
Http://www.jonnynitro.com