Fundraiser for the Stewards

jonnyNITRO

Fundraiser for the Stewards

Postby jonnyNITRO » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Fubar and I went to the fundraiser this weekend for the stewards of the Sequoias. It was hosted by the Bakersfield Trailblazers and they fed us well. The raffle didn't pan out for us, but we talked with The spokesman for the Stewards, Chris, and we planned our ride for Sunday.

At first it appeared that only the three of us we're going to be riding on Sunday, since most of the attendees were part of the Jeep club. :excuseme:
Oh we'll, more room on the trail for us!

Morning came and we met Chris at the trailhead. As we unloaded the bikes more people showed up. A local rider, Lyle, and and resident of the Sequoias, Tamara... That's right, a female wanted to ride with us.
Why not?

Just before we left two more friends of Chris's showed and quickly unpacked. We all headed up the trail and rode from the base of the Kern river to the top of the mountain.
I didn't take any photos since my camera was too bulky and the trail was all single track. It's a good thing too cause it turned out to be some gnarly single track.
Right from the start we had multiple switchbacks and several were between large boulders. On occasion we had to ride over the boulders that were in the trail on the switchback turn as we were ascending the mountain. Boulders, off-camber turns and slippery fallen leaves made the trail more treacherous than expected. In some spots there wasn't enough trail to sink your tire into, so you just had to get on the gas to make it to the other side before you slide down the hill.
The trail was no more than 12 inches wide and often cut across steep, sloping hills and under the trees. It was a very technical ride and the trail was in great shape. No doubt due to it's difficulty.
Oh, and the female (Tamara) that was riding with us, she was one heck of a rider. She was on an 80cc bike and even passed by me on the side of the hill, under the trees. I have never met a female that could ride like that. She is also a veteran of the Big Bear Ride, same year as me.

We eventually found our way to a forestry lookout tower and went up to visit the officer on duty. She was an elderly woman with a great sense of humor. What an amazing view she had from up there.

Chris took us down the hill on a different trail, and it was just like the first one, tight, small and technical. At least it was downhill. So once we reached the bottom, we turned around and did it all, over again... in reverse. Can't remember who's idea that was.
Whoa.
Although it was the most technical ride I have ever been on, it was a blast.

"Now I'm ready for Snowy Trail." Said Fubar.

Okay then. It certainly can't be any tougher than this one.

We supported the Stewards, we donated money to the cause, we rode some insane trails, we camped out along the river and rode the trail to the Manzanita tunnel... twice (Monday morning). I'd say we had a full weekend of fun.
:)
Graphic Design & Photography
Serving the Performance, Custom and Racing industries.
Http://www.jonnynitro.com
jonnyNITRO

Re: Fundraiser for the Stewards

Postby jonnyNITRO » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:50 pm

jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm

falcon

Postby falcon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 am

Thanks for the video.
SHAHIN (FALCON)
WE DIDN,T STOP RIDING CAUSE WE GOT OLD, WE GOT OLD CAUSE WE STOP RIDING.
01 DRZ400S
2014 DL1000 V STROM ABS
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey buddy. Good to see you again.
I think Terry and I are going back up to Sequoia for Veteran's Day weekend. Not sure yet, but if you're interested... keep in touch.
Nothing too difficult. Just travel riding I've heard.
Aaron8

Postby Aaron8 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

That looks FUN!
jonnyNITRO

Postby jonnyNITRO » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:04 pm

It was a blast.
You should join us.