Good info to know..

Start a Ride here...
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: La Canada

Good info to know..

Postby Adrock » Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:50 pm

You can get a two week permit to ride the RINCON SHORTCUT fire road which links Angeles Crest Hwy near Upper Big Tujunga Cyn Road to Highway 39 (Azusa Canyon Road). You get the permit from the Ranger Station located at the corner of Wabash & Foothill Blvd in the city of Glendora.

Its inconvenient to drive out there and get one, but they are free and take one minute to get. You need your m/c's license plate number, and you simply write down your personal info on a paper permit. They tear you off a copy and you're good to ride the 20 mile long fire road for two weeks. They also give your the gate combination code.

The ride is pretty cool, you ride through forests and have greats views of the San Gabriel Valley. The ride is plenty long, and the permit keeps the squids away. There are few if any riders on this road, I passed only 1 Jeep when I rode it.
User avatar
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:44 am
Location: Acton

Postby elevatorjunky » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:27 pm

I have done this several times,but I got the permits at the ranger station at the start of the ride on Azusa canyon.The only inconvenient thing was waiting for the ranger station to open at 8am.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests